Capcom is rumored to be developing Resident Evil 4 RemakeApril 13, 2020
- There are rumors that Resident Evil 4 is already in development
- Shinji Mikami the original director of RE4 declined to lead the project due to his commitment on Bethesda’s GhostWire: Tokyo.
- Capcom would make use of its internal teams and external studios to develop RE4 Remake.
- The rumored release is around 2022.
With the success of both Resident Evil 2 remake and the new RE3 remake, it seems like Capcom has greenlit the RE4 remake.
VGC has reported that multiple development sources have told them that Resident Evil 4, arguably one of the best RE games out there, entered full production. They reported that it’s release would be around 2022.
They added that development is handled by Osaka-based M-Two, headed by former PlatinumGames head Tatsuya Minami who has been preparing since 2018.
Just like Resident Evil 2 Remake and 3 Remake, RE4 Remake would make use of various teams from internal Capcom teams and external studios.
Shinji Mikami who was the director of the original RE4, officially declined to lead the project but has given the team “informal advice”. He apparently turned down the role because of his commitment to Bethesda’s GhostWire: Tokyo.
RE4 was originally released in 2005 for the PlayStation 2 and GameCube. With its popularity, it was also released on PC in 2007. It became an iconic game of the franchise and has influenced many of the upcoming Resident Evil games because of its gameplay.
With various teams involved, the studio which leads the project is comprised by many former PlatinumGames and Capcom employees which has been in operation since 2018.
- There will be no YouTube Rewind 2020 - November 17, 2020
- Cardcaptor Sakura is now showing on Netflix PH - November 17, 2020
- Did Pokimane forget to mute herself while talking to her boyfriend? - November 17, 2020