Smart Supports Government Hubs Fight against COVID-19April 13, 2020
- Smart is rolling out free high-speed internet to emergency facilities across the country.
- They will be deploying carrier-grade Wi-Fi at the New Clark City as well as in the Philippine Army Gymnasium which will accomodate COVID-19 patients under investigation (PUI) and persons under monitoring (PUM).
- PLDT’s Smart Communications commit to providing a reliable connection and relevant digital tools to our frontliners during the fight to flatten the curve.
- A single Wi-Fi hub has a capacity of up to 1 gigabyte per second.
- Smart Wi-Fi is servicing provincial capitols, city and municipal halls, hospitals, supermarkets, and convenience stores which are being used as the base of operations of the local governments.
- continues its service to provincial capitols, city and municipal halls, hospitals, supermarkets, and convenience stores nationwide, which is used as the base of operations for operations such as local government logistics, transportation, and relief.
According to Smart, besides the previously announced Wi-Fi hubs found at the following spots
- Rizal Memorial Sports Complex in Manila
- Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) in Pasay City
- World Trade Center in Pasay City
and Smart Wi-Fi deployed at the nearby hospitals housing our COVID-19 front-liners, :
- La Salle Greenhills in Mandaluyong City
- Far Eastern University in Alabang
- Muntinlupa City
They will be deploying carrier-grade Wi-Fi at the New Clark City in Tarlac Province and at the Philippine Army Gymnasium in Taguig City which is expected to accommodate COVID-19 patients under investigation (PUI) and persons under monitoring (PUM).
According to Alfredo Panlilio, Smart president and CEO and PLDT chief revenue officer said in a statement:
“This rollout is part of PLDT-Smart’s commitment to equipping our front-liners with reliable connectivity and relevant digital tools to help them during this nationwide COVID-19 response.”Alfredo Panlilio, Smart President and CEO and PLDT chief revenue officer
Additionally, Smart stated that a single Wi-Fi hub has a capacity of up to 1 gigabyte per second.
This upgrade and help from the group is considered as their latest in their ongoing efforts to provide the necessary communications support to the front-line agencies, personnel, and to the local government and non-government organizations all over the country.
“We are one with the nation in this critical moment, and we want to provide as much support as we can to our front-liners.”Jovy Hernandez, ePLDT president and CEO and senior vice president and head of the enterprise business group
Besides their latest efforts, Smart Wi-Fi continues its service to provincial capitols, city and municipal halls, hospitals, supermarkets, and convenience stores nationwide, which is used as the base of operations for operations such as local government logistics, transportation, and relief.
The Nation’s contribution
The industry giant PLDT’s Smart Communications is only one of the many more companies who work hand in hand with our front-liners.
And their help, may it be insignificant for some (for those who experience some difficulties with their own Wi-Fi connections at home under the said company) and huge for others, is not enough.
They can only provide an extra hand with regards to our front-liners’ communication and data analysis needs. It is up to us, citizens, and the other people/companies who work hard side-by-side to fill the gaps that they can’t fill and fight against this crisis that we all know is prevalent not only in our country but worldwide.
So, for those of us who has the privilege to be connected to the outside world and be with our loved ones, PLEASE STAY AT HOME for the sake of those people who can’t. This is the help our front-liners would appreciate to finally flatten the curve.
- Was COVID-19 engineered in a lab or a natural occurence? - April 16, 2020
- Smart Supports Government Hubs Fight against COVID-19 - April 13, 2020
- Filipino loses a lot of weight in 30 days just by playing Ring Fit Adventure - January 10, 2020