Watch as Luis Fonsi Plays Despacito in ‘One World: Together At Home’ concertApril 19, 2020 Off By syncdev
- US President Donald Trump has threatened to cut WHO funding for “severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus”.
- Lady Gaga has organized an online concert called ‘One World: Together At Home’.
- The concert is an effort to thank the frontliners all over the globe as well as to raise funds for the COVID-19 pandemic.
- She has organized it with the help of the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as Global Citizen.
- She has also curated the line-up and has included various artists from around the globe.
- Of course, Luis Fonsi is also included and they have played Despacito at the 5:20 hour mark.
- With the help of everyone, they have managed to raise $127.9 million for COVID-19 relief.
Despite US President Trump threatening to cut WHO funding for “severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus“, artists around the world has organized an online concert to raise funds for the organization.
In cooperation with the World Health Organization (WHO) and Global Citizen, Lady Gaga has curated the online concert and called it “a love letter to the world”. She dedicates the concert to the frontliners all over the world saying that the artists wanted to “give back a little bit of the kindness that you’ve given us”. The concert was livestreamed on the Global Citizen’s YouTube Channel.
Lady Gaga has said on Twitter that she has been working with WHO and Global Citizen and has met with corporate leaders to raise more than $35 million. Here’s her and Jimmy Fallon talking to Apple CEO, Tim Cook.
The concert itself is star studded with The Beatles legend Paul McCartney joining the program and calling healthcare workers as “the real heroes”. He also remembered his own mother who was a nurse in World War 2.
Other stars include Stevie Wonder, One Direction’s Liam Payne and Niall Horan, Billie Eilish, Andrea Bocelli, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lopez, Ellie Goulding, Usher, Celine Dion, Charlie Puth, Elton John and many more.
Lady Gaga also played her own rendition of Charlie Chaplin’s Smile.
It’s interesting to see how the artists have been dealing with the quarantine. Some even played in their pajamas while others have organized a mini stage for their performance.
Here’s the full line up.
Of course, Luis Fonsi also plays the beloved meme anthem, Despacito acoustic version. They play it at the 5:20:00 mark.
This is also probably one of the best parts of the concert as Andrea Bocelli, Celine Dion, Lady Gaga, Lang Lang and John Legend perform The Prayer.
With the huge success of the concert, Lady Gaga together with everyone around the world has managed to raise $127.9 million for COVID-19 relief efforts.
Lady Gaga has also been trending on Twitter with the hashtag #ThankYouLadyGaga thanking her for her efforts to help not just the frontliners but also entertaining everyone while they stay at home.
You can pledge here.
- Pacquiao vs McGregor fight next year, earnings will be donated to COVID-19 victims - September 26, 2020
- Rent-a-Girlfriend will have a Season 2 - September 26, 2020
- Harry Potter Game Hogwarts Legacy is an open-world - September 17, 2020