PLDT gets hacked by Anonymous, warns Globe “You’re next”May 28, 2020
- PLDT’s official Twitter account has been hacked.
- Anonymous has claimed responsibility of the hack telling PLDT that “Filipinos need fast internet to communicate with their loved ones.” They also told the telecommunications giant to “Do your job” and PLDT should expect them.
- It also seems that they also want to target Globe next since Anonymous also tweeted to Globe saying “You’re next”. However, the tweet seems to be now deleted.
- Update: PLDT has now gotten back its account and has deleted the tweets by Anonymous.
PLDT‘s official account has been hacked and it seems like Anonymous has taken responsibility of the hack saying that Filipinos need fast internet to communicate with their loved ones in this pandemic. COVID-19 has greatly affected the globe and communication is widely needed now that social distancing is being implemented.
This is the tweet announcing that PLDT has been hacked however this would most likely bet deleted once PLDT gets its account back.
They also said to “Do your job” and that the telecommunications giant should expect them. It seems like they are also targeting Globe as well by directly tweeting to them “You’re next” with the hashtag #PLDTHacked as some people has managed to screenshot it. However, the tweet seems to be now deleted.
Anonymous also changed PLDT’s twitter name to “PLDT Doesn’t Care” although they have retained PLDT’s url handle which is still @PLDT_Cares.
Others have pointed out that it is ironic that they have gotten hacked after tweeting to protect passwords and account from hackers.
PLDT has been criticized for tweeting protecting accounts while being hacked.
Despite getting hacked however, PLDT’s internet services are still intact and it seems like the hackers only targeted its Twitter account to send a message.
Update: PLDT has now gotten back its account and has deleted the tweets by Anonymous.
- Watch the Top Pacific Teams Face Off Ahead of VCT Pacific Kick-Off - March 18, 2023
- League of Legends: Clash is finally in Southeast Asia - March 10, 2023
- Grab a Friend and Go Wild in Wild Rift Patch 4.1: High Five - March 3, 2023