Resident Evil Film Reboot Set to be Released on 2021October 8, 2020
- Resident Evil Film Reboot is in the making.
- It will follow the origin story with ties to Capcom’s horror games.
- A worldwide release is set on 2021.
A Resident Evil film reboot is coming on 2021. Produced by Constantin Film and directed by Johannes Roberts, the ever-growing film franchise is set on “a fateful night in Racoon city in 1998”. It will follow the origin story adaptation with “faithful ties” to Capcom’s classic survival horror games.
Heading the cast are Robbie Amell (Upload) as Chris Redfield, Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-man and the Wasp) as Jill Valentine, Tom Hopper (The Umbrella Academy) as Albert Wesker, Avan Jogia (Zombieland: Double Tap) as Leon S. Kennedy, Kaya Scodelario (Maze Runner) as Claire Redfield, and Neal McDonough (Yellowstone) as William Birkin.
In the press release with the announcement, Roberts said, “With this movie, I really wanted to go back to the original first two games and re-create the terrifying visceral experience I had when I first played them whilst at the same time telling a grounded human story about a small dying American town that feels both relatable and relevant to today’s audiences.”
In addition to that, Netflix is currently developing two projects that are based on Capcom’s horror series; Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness, which will feature Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield and will be out by next year and a series focused on Wesker’s young offspring.
Robert’s Resident Evil reboot will release in cinemas worldwide on 2021.
- Watch the Top Pacific Teams Face Off Ahead of VCT Pacific Kick-Off - March 18, 2023
- League of Legends: Clash is finally in Southeast Asia - March 10, 2023
- Grab a Friend and Go Wild in Wild Rift Patch 4.1: High Five - March 3, 2023