Premiere Episode of Arcane to be co-streamed Exclusively on TwitchOctober 21, 2021
- Arcane is coming out on November 6 on Netflix
- It will be live streamed on Twitch
- There will be Twitch drops from the stream
RIOT GAMES ANNOUNCES FIRST EPISODE OF ARCANE,
THE ALL-NEW ANIMATED EVENT SERIES DEBUTING ON NETFLIX NOVEMBER 6,
WILL BE OPEN FOR CO-STREAMING EXCLUSIVELY ON TWITCH
- Arcane, Riot’s first TV series, will premiere on Saturday, November 6 at 7PM PT on Netflix globally. Arcane is the first Netflix series to debut with co-streaming exclusively on Twitch. Content creators on the platform will be able to broadcast themselves watching and reacting to episode one.
- In addition to catching the first episode on Twitch, players and fans around the world also will be able to experience the Global Premiere Event hosted at Riot’s Headquarters in Los Angeles. Designed for a global audience, the event will feature an innovative red carpet for media and streamers around the world to connect with their communities.
- The Global Premiere Event will be broadcast by streamers and influencers representing over 30 regions, and is open for co-streaming to all, so fans can celebrate the Arcane debut live with their communities.
- Fans who tune-in to the digital co-streamable on Twitch will receive Twitch Drops, exclusive in-game items in Riot’s games.
- Brandon Miao, Cross-Product Experiences and Partnerships Lead, Riot Experience (XP) at Riot Games: “Interest in deeper storytelling from our global player base played a big part in our decision to make Arcane, so it’s only right that they will be able to watch the first episode of Arcane together as a community. When designing the event, we wanted to blend traditional entertainment with innovative, digital-first approaches that increase access for players around the world, creating something new for people to enjoy together.
- Co-Streaming is a popular form of entertainment that enables a user to broadcast themselves providing unique commentary over separate content. Visually similar to a picture-in-picture (pip) type extension, co-streaming offers opportunities for exciting personalities to simultaneously interact with people around the world, building passionate communities through shared experiences.
- The premiere of the show will be at the center of a global celebration for gamers and fans of the League of Legends IP, combining the 2021 League of Legends World Championship, an event that saw 49.45 million international concurrent viewers last year, with Riot’s first television show. It will blend competition, entertainment and gaming in a whole new way to serve Riot’s global player base.
- The three Acts of Arcane, each containing three episodes, will be released simultaneously on Tencent Video in China and Netflix globally, ensuring Riot’s global player base can experience the show together regardless of location.
- Based on the world behind League of Legends, Arcane dives into the delicate balance between the rich city of Piltover and the seedy underbelly of Zaun. Known across Runeterra as the “city of progress,” many of the most brilliant minds call these cities home. But the creation of hextech, a way for any person to control magical energy, threatens that balance. While Arcane holds the backstories of League of Legends champions, the series is designed to stand on its own as a complex world filled with moral decisions, breathtaking animation, and suspenseful storytelling.
Netflix and Riot Games bring the global phenomenon League of Legends franchise to television with the animated event series Arcane. The series will also be available on Tencent video in China and marks Riot Games’ first series for television. Set in Riot’s globally popular League of Legends IP, Arcane is an animated series developed and produced by Riot Games in partnership with Fortiche Productions.
Instagram and Twitter: @arcaneshow
About Riot Games
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.
As League enters its second decade, Riot continues to evolve the game while delivering new experiences to players with Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift, and multiple work-in-progress titles, while exploring the world of Runeterra through multimedia projects across music, comic books, TV, and more. Riot has also launched a publishing group, Riot Forge, to collaborate with third-party developers on additional games set in the League universe. Forge’s first title, Ruined King: A League of Legends Story, is a story-driven, turn-based role-playing game (RPG) being developed by Airship Syndicate.
Founded by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill and led by CEO Nicolo Laurent, Riot is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, and has 3,000 Rioters in 20+ offices worldwide.
Launched in 2011, Twitch is an interactive livestreaming service and global community that comes together every day to create unique, live, and unpredictable experiences from the interactions of millions. It brings the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming and world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, the biggest community event of the year, where tens of thousands of people come together to celebrate and connect with others who share their interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Twitter and on our Blog.
- Minecraft YouTuber Dream Announces that he will do a Face Reveal - September 24, 2022
- IShowSpeed Gets YouTube Strike for Harassment and Cyberbullying - September 23, 2022
- Resident Evil 4 Remake will release on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S and Steam - September 16, 2022